2006 : BT Digital Music Award [Best Event]
2006 : BT Digital Music Award [Best Innovation]
United States Patent No: 8,150,942 – Conveying access to digital content using a physical token
United States Patent Pending No. 20060136292 – Collection of data associated with an advertisement
International Patent Pending No. PCT/US2004/033083 - Active images
- Finding your leadership Style. Ladies that UX (2016)
- Keynote panel: The focus for creating Contextual Customer Experiences. Tech Expo (2016)
- Women in Innovation - driving growth through gender diversity. Women in Innovation networking event (2016)
- Panel: The Elephant In The Room: Making Mobile Fit For Business. Open Mobile Summit, London (2016)
- Digital Innovation in Travel. Future thinking in Digital Marketing as part of London Technology Week (2016)
- Panel: Consumer Shopping Trends. Retail Innovation. unBound London (2015)
- Trends in retail and new rules for engagement. Keynote speech at Hong Kong Knowledge of Design Week (2014)
- Trends in hospitality fuelled by the sharing economy. Keynote speech at Hong Kong Knowledge of Design Week (2014)
- Changing Behaviour in Places. Invited talk at Central Saint Martins, November 8 2012, London (2012)
- Cognition in Space. Invited CPD Talk at Stanton Williams Architects & The Bartlett School of Architecture, London (2012)
- The Psychology of Communication. Invited Master Class at the School of Communication Arts, February 07 2012, London (2012)
- Creative Research for the Creative Industries. Invited talk at the Market Research Society, January 23 2012, London (2012)
- Cross Cultural Dialogues – The Speaker vs the Listener. Invited talk at the Narrative in Practice Symposium, London (2011)
- An invitation to interact – embedding engagement cues into objects and space. Invited talk at the Pervasive Media Studio (2011)
- Social Research and Design. Doors of Perception 8, Delhi (2005)
- Programme Chair. Designing for User Experience (DUX2005), San Francisco (2005)
- Welcome to the Un-Hotel: Experiencing the world through someone else's home. Harpers Bazaar Interiors 2014
- ‘International Intelligence’ Column in Harper’s Bazaar Interiors Arabia (ongoing). Reporting on trends in interior and spatial design experiences
- Austin P, Rajani R. (2011). Arcs of Interaction. In the Proceedings of The Second Interaction Symposium on Culture, Creativity, and Interaction Design.
- Parsons A, Rajani R. (2007) The Performative Edge: Place Exploration. In the Proceedings of Livenarch III; Environments and Architecure.
- Debaty P, Goddi P, Gossweiler R, Rajani R, Vorbau A, Tyler J. (2004) Enabling Informal Communication of Digital Stories. HP Labs Technical report number HPL-2004-180
- Kindberg T, Tallyn E, Rajani R, Spasojevic M. (2004) Active Photos. In the Proceedings of DIS 2004, The 5th conference on Designing interactive systems: processes, practices, methods, and techniques. ACM New York, NY, USA. ISBN:1-58113-787-7
- Rajani R, Vorbau A (2004). Viewing and Annotating Media with MemoryNet. In Proceedings of CHI 2004. ACM New York, NY, USA. ISBN:1-58113-703-6
Internet of Things
- Kindberg T, Tallyn E, Rajani R, Spasojevic M. Active Photos. HP Labs Technical report number HPL-2004-47.
- Rajani R, Vorbau A (2003). MemoryNet Viewer: Connecting People with Media. HP Labs Technical Report number HPL-2003-219.
- Kindberg T, Rajani R, Spasojevic M, Tallyn E (2003), Pulp Computing: Demonstration at Ubicomp 2003.
- Rajani R (2003), An Observational Study of an Independent Bookstore. HP Labs Technical Report number HPL-2003-107. - this was one the most frequently downloaded reports from the HP Labs Research Publications Site in 2003-2004 (downloaded by people external to HP)
Spatial Experiences and Internet of Things
- Wilson D, Tateson J, Roadknight C, McCann J, McKenzie I, Austin T, Jones S, Rajani R, Lunt P, Parsons A, Garcia-Perate G, Comella A, Schneidler T, Macdonald N (2007), BOP: Making Sense of Space, Conference held at CSM
- Fleck M, Frid M, Kindberg T, O’Brian-Strain E, Rajani R, Spasojevic M (2002), Rememberer: A Tool for Capturing Museum Visits. In the proceedings of UbiComp 2002. ISBN:3-540-44267-7
- Fleck M, Frid M, Kindberg T, O’Brien-Strain E, Rajani R and Spasojevic M (2002), From Informing to Remembering: Ubiquitous Systems in Interactive Museums. In Pervasive Computing (April-June 2002). ISSN: 1536-1268
- Fleck M, Frid M, Kindberg T, O’Brien-Strain E, Rajani R and Spasojevic M (2002), From Informing to Remembering: Deploying a ubiquitous system in an interactive science museum. HP Labs Technical Report number HPL-2002-54.
Telemedicine and Medical Informatics
- Tachakra S, Rajani R (2002), Social Presence in Telemedicine. In the Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare. Vol 8, No 4, pp226-230. ISSN: 1357-633X
- Rajani R and Perry M (2001), Forms, Boards and Bleepers – Media and Mobility in Accident an Emergency. Poster presented at ECSCW2001. ISBN-10: 0792371631 / ISBN-13: 978-0792371632
- Rajani R and Perry M, (2000) Medical Work as Practised: implications for the design of mobile telemedicine and medical information systems. Presentation given to the SIHI conference, September 2000.
- Rajani R (2000), Mobility in a Complex Collaborative Setting. Presented to the Doctoral Colloquium at CSCW2000
- Rajani R and Perry M (1999), The Reality of Medical Work: The Case for a new Perspective on Telemedicine. In the VR Journal, Vol 4, pp243-249. ISBN: 1359-4338 (print), ISSN: 1434-9957 (online)
Cognitive Psychology applied to Design
- Rajani R and Spinelli G (2000), Learning Systems: Using Distributed Cognition as a Framework for Analysing Complex Organisational Settings. In the Proceedings of the Human Centred Technology Workshop, University of Sussex.
- Rajani R and Rosenberg D (1999), Usable Or Not? Factors Affecting the Usability of Web Sites. In Computer Mediated Communication Magazine Special Focus on Web Usability, Vol 6, No 1, ISSN 1076-027X.
- Rajani, R (1998), Investigating Web Usability. In Internetworking: The ITG (Internet Technical Group) Newsletter, Vol 1, No 3.